Visit to a French Style Cafe The Shakespeare and Co


Today is the day for a dining –out post.

You know I have been to Abu Hamour area for a hair cut. It was the first time that I have been in that area and realized that there is a shopping mall as well. Dar Al Salam shopping mall. How come I missed that!


Dar Al Salam Mall


Dar Al Salam Mall is a UAE based chain and is just 30 minutes away from Doha City Center.

It’s one of the newly opened shopping malls in Doha and I loved it. This is the first time I shopped without any stress in Carrefour and no queue in cash, there is no crowd no touching each and every fruit, vegetable or bread, you enjoy your shopping. Compared to other Carrefour`s this one was a smaller and do not have electronic item part. But you will have a chance to find better vegetables and fruits.

Dar Al Salam is recently opened and not all shops are running but Carrefour is more than enough for food shopping and Shakespeare and Co is the café – restaurant that you must visit once.

The Shakespeare and Co. concept consists of an upscale –casual café-restaurant, a French style which will make you feel like a prince or princess.

Decoration makes this place different and interesting. There are frames on ceiling, curtains draped all over the restaurant, painting and much more.
20130531_154258

We had chosen the comfortable sofas in corner and welcomed by the staff and was so happy of their great service.

We ordered Blue cheese & Pear Salad and Hallumi Cheese.

20130531_154250

20130531_154530
Starter

As starter we had an amazing butter with garlic and pesto sauce that I never tried before. It was so tasty with the small buns.

20130531_154856

This is the delicious blue cheese & pear salad. You can see that its so rich with raisins, nuts, cheese and greens.

I am not a person who orders salad in a restaurant. It’s a side dish for me. Even I don’t like to mix salty and sweet tastes this salad was a signature recipe.

20130531_154843
Blue Cheese & Pear Salad

This is my favorite every where and I usually do at home. Maybe it’s the easiest thing in the world. : )

I was used to use the spring rolls at home but this was tasting different as it was a hand made dough.

I liked it.

20130531_154813
Hallumi Cheese Labanese Bread

Overall I love the place, food and will definitely visit again.

Please click here and you will be directed to Shakespeare and Co menu.



My Blog List