Getting Fit and Healthy in Doha

I am lucky to have a gym in tower which I am living. However that does not satisfies me as I do not enjoy a small room full of weights and small windows and out of no reason; I just get bored of that gym. 

I need something different like a group lesson that will motivate me or need to try something new instead of walking on a treadmill for 5 km`s every day. Ok not every day :), let’s say 3 times a week.

I have done a research and find out Yama Yoga Studios in Doha. They have a nice website full of information and it’s a very popular place in Doha. They have also a swimming pool which you can spend time after your session. I had registered for beginner’s yoga. Our trainer was Jody and I enjoyed all sessions even it was at 8am on Friday morning. Yes, even I had only one day off, I wake up early and head to Yoga as that class really motivated me. 

If you are the one working full day in front of a computer and do not move so much, try yoga. You will realize and see the difference just within one session. Please check their schedule which they upload on their website, it was difficult for me to find a suitable time that’s why I stopped going there. I work until 6pm every day and unluckily there are no sessions after 6pm.


After yoga I continue with my search and find a fortune. I am so happy to find out Aspire Zone. I am in love with their program, timing, and offerings for both men and women and love the environment. Just the green area and the park out there will make your day. I went to reception and find out that I cannot register as they were full and they even had a waiting list. I couldn’t even write my name on the waiting list.  

Men are lucky they were able to register. They give an option to you to attend classes and pay per class which is costing more than the monthly membership.

Don’t worry because there is another place called Hamad Aquatic Centre. I get the monthly membership for the swimming pool which is open to females, males and families and you can register any time. I love that place. Hamad is an international aquatic complex, has five floors and has facilities such as water polo, diving and synchronized swimming.

They had the Olympic size swimming pool and schedules are classified as men, female and families. You have an option to choose Gym as well. Everyone in Qatar is so lucky to have this kind of facilities and the place is huge. It does not get crowded as you see in hotels, much more organized, clean and has a small café, showers, hairdryer`s.

I have also write about my first visit to Art of Abundant Living Center to try out the Laughter Yoga with Gabi, click here to read my article.

Useful Information: Apart from the hotels these are the facilities that I have tried and can suggest to you.

Aspire Zone
Hamad Aquatic Center
Yama Yoga Studios
Art of Abundant Living Wellbeing Centre
Boot Camp
Tennis Club

Doha Sailing Club



Have you tried any of these facilities or do you want to add more, just comment below.

Hamad Timings


This article was published in Funky Qatar Blog.

My Blog List